Michigan Department of Health and Human Services

The caseworkers from MDHHS are able to assist students with learning more and applying for state and federal benefits. Those benefits are, but not limited to, Supplemental Food Assistance Program (SNAP), State Emergency Relief (rental assistance, transportation assistance, burial assistance, etc.), Childcare Assistance, and more. The caseworkers are available during the academic year (including Spring/Summer semester) every Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

To access the caseworkers students can go to the Welcome Center in room 252 (office right before Cashier's Window) and walk-in. If the door is closed, the caseworker is usually with someone. Students can knock once and stand on the wall until the caseworker calls for them to come back. Knocking once notifies the caseworker that another student is waiting on them.

If you plan to visit and apply for any assistance programs we strongly encourage you to bring the following documents

  • Copy of Driver's License
  • Verification of Assets (Shelter, Utilities, Checking's or Savings Account)
  • Enrollment Verification (can be found on Academica)
  • Employment Verification (copy of paystub)

For more information on any assistance programs please visit MDHHS.